Last night I was invited for dinner at a Greek restaurant by an elderly couple that seemed to hold the key to living a full life. Whitley Harris, 87 is the son of an old screenwriter named,Ray Harris. His younger bride, 82, is a retired banker and a woman of the world who speaks, writes, and reads 5 languages (She left Warsaw post World War 2, moved to Greece, and then moved to Los Angeles). We talked about her love of travel and his love of cars. We also talked about a ’52 Triumph Renown that was once owned by their dear friend and Hollywood actor, Brian Aherne(He was a popular actor when the screen was mostly Black and White). We drank two bottles of wine, and they invited me over to their house where we drank Greek brandy and I got to see the old prize winning automobile. I am now thoroughly convinced that the key to staying alive is one part passion, one part travel, one part brandy, and three parts red wine

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home